Recipe by dgpat
I read about 30 different recipes from 3 different sources and this is what I came up with - I liked it and so did my company!! This make a LOT of enchiladas - I used 2 (9x13)baking pans - sprayed with Pam. Enjoy!!
Top Review by Chef Lori D
Just because you use a couple of cans of "lowfat" soups in a recipe, does NOT mean it is low fat. This is a very HIGH FAT dish, I knew it sounded to good to be true! Even if you used low fat cheese to correct this into a lowfat recipe, it would still be too high in fat content for most dieters. Easy? Yes. Tasty? Probably. Low fat? NO!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 15 -16 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn, drained
- nonstick cooking spray, like pam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown meat well in a skillet, stirring to break it up.
- Combine with the re-fried beans, corn and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Warm the tortillas as directed (I nuke mine- no frying).
- Put the meat mixture in the middle of each tortilla and fold in half- place seam side down in a sprayed baking pan.
- Combine the 2 cans of soup and the jar of salsa in a large bowl and spoon evenly over the enchiladas.
- Cover well with the remaining cheese.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until cheese is browned and sauce is bubbly.