Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I read about 30 different recipes from 3 different sources and this is what I came up with - I liked it and so did my company!! This make a LOT of enchiladas - I used 2 (9x13)baking pans - sprayed with Pam. Enjoy!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 15 -16 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat tomato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn, drained
- nonstick cooking spray, like pam
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown meat well in a skillet, stirring to break it up.
- Combine with the re-fried beans, corn and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Warm the tortillas as directed (I nuke mine- no frying).
- Put the meat mixture in the middle of each tortilla and fold in half- place seam side down in a sprayed baking pan.
- Combine the 2 cans of soup and the jar of salsa in a large bowl and spoon evenly over the enchiladas.
- Cover well with the remaining cheese.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until cheese is browned and sauce is bubbly.
Just because you use a couple of cans of "lowfat" soups in a recipe, does NOT mean it is low fat. This is a very HIGH FAT dish, I knew it sounded to good to be true! Even if you used low fat cheese to correct this into a lowfat recipe, it would still be too high in fat content for most dieters. Easy? Yes. Tasty? Probably. Low fat? NO!
Turned out pretty good and my family enjoyed it, thanks