Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I am proud to say that I created this meatloaf! This is not your mothers meatloaf! I was SO sick and tired of bland, greasy meatloaf, so I decided to create my own!! It is low fat, contains NO EGGS, is incredibly juicy, has awesome flavor, and is SO EASY to make!! For those of you that see the spicy hot tomato juice and want to steer clear . . . hold on a sec -- this isn't spicy or hot AT ALL -- the spicy hot tomato juice just gives the meatloaf flavor! I promise you'll love this!!!
- 3 lbs extra-lean ground sirloin (venison works well too, but don't use anything else)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato juice, Spicy Hot ONLY (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE OR IT WILL NOT TASTE RIGHT!)
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages onion soup mix
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well with hands. (NOTE: Start off using only 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and increase to 3/4 only if needed.).
- Transfer from bowl to ungreased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Pat down so loaf touches all sides of casserole dish evenly.
- Cook covered on 350 for 1 hour.
- Remove lid and cook uncovered for an additional 20-30 minutes until top is nicely browned and meat is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve.