Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 6 ounces broad egg noodles
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 6 ounces reduced-sodium ham, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soft white breadcrumbs (1 slice without crust)
- 1 tablespoon soft-tub margarine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, in medium-sized bowl, combine flour, mustard, sage, nutmeg and pepper; slowly whisk in milk and set aside.
- When noodles are done, drain and combine with ham and peas; add milk mixture and stir well.
- Spoon into ungreased shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole; sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with margarine.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Tasty recipe, but my sauce was milky and thin. I will make this again, but next time will thicken the milk, flour and seasonings on the stove and add to mixture before baking.