Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite Italian dish is chicken cacciatore, now I can make it without worrying about healthiness. We do use whole wheat pasta.
- 2 (32 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, Classico tomato basil preferred
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) bottle dry white wine
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 1 green pepper, diced large
- 1 red pepper, diced large
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- angel hair pasta
- Heat sauce in large saucepan on low heat.
- In fry pan sprayed with Pam, brown chicken on both sides.
- Add some wine, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and about 2 T. of wine from pan to the sauce.
- Add a little more wine and the onion to the fry pan. Simmer 5-8 minutes and add to the sauce with 2 T. of wine from the pan.
- Add a little more wine to fry pan along with peppers. Simmer 8-10 minutes & add to sauce with 2 T. of wine from pan.
- Repeat above with mushrooms-simmer 10 minutes and add to sauce with 2 T. wine from the pan.
- Simmer sauce for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over pasta.
Yum. This was simple and good. I served it over spaghetti for a nice meal. Thanks SB6 and congrats on your football win.