Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A RSC entry. Feel free to use creamcheese in replacement of the mascarpone.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 12 ounces prepared whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 ounces maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Remove butter from heat and add 1/2 cup sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
- Press graham cracker crumb mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cream together the cheese, 1 cup splenda and vanilla.
- Spread over graham cracker crust.
- Layer sliced bananas, drained pineapple and whipped topping on top of bars in order given.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and cherries.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
Yum! These sound delicious! Hope you don't mind, but think I'll use sugar!!!
I just looked at the nutritional information, and these are 19 grams of fat per bar. I would not call that low fat. The Low Fat in the name is very confusing.
This gets 5-stars for flavor. I used reduced calorie cream cheese, chopped pecans, and also added some shredded coconut. I think this recipe would work better using an 8x8" pan. The graham cracker crust was paper thin in my 9x13" pan. When I began trying to spread the cream cheese mixture, it was all just sticking to the spatula. I decided to mix up the crumbs and cheese together, and made it as a trifle. The flavor of this recipe makes you feel like your at an ice cream parlor, but without the ice cream. Thinking about it, this would go great with ice cream. "HEY!".... Uh-Oh, Gotta run before it's all gone, thanks for sharing the recipe. :)