Recipe by Lacy S.
This granola isn't really sweet like most others, that's why I like it so much! I eat mine in the mornings over low fat vanilla yogurt. Keep a close eye on this granola and make sure you stir it often so it doesn't burn.
- 18 ounces rolled oats
- 8 ounces almonds, slivered
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 egg whites
- 8 ounces dried blueberries
- 8 ounces dried cherries
- 8 ounces dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oats, almonds, and apple pie spice.
- In a seperate bowl combine honey, water, and eggs whites.
- Pour honey mixture over oats and stir to combine.
- Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place granola on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in oven for 60-90 minutes. Stir every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven when it is dry and crunchy.
- When granola is completely cool stir in dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container.