I found a recipe online for this soup but made some adjustments so that it was low fat, vegan and so it incorporated two kinds of pumpkin. Don't let the fact that it is low fat put you off, this is flavourful and thick. I love it with toast :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 500 g butternut pumpkin (peeled weight)
- 500 g kent pumpkin (Peeled weight, can substitute for whatever kind you prefer)
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced
- 750 ml vegetable stock (or vegan chicken-style)
- 1/2 cup low fat soymilk
- 1/2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat, add onion and leek and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
- 2Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- 3Add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then blend in batches. Return soup to pan.
- 4Mix corn flour into milk until combined well.
- 5Stir through milk mixture and reheat gently. Season with salt and pepper and add a little more nutmeg if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Double Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: