Recipe by mileen
My mom makes a delicious double cornbread, and I wanted to make some last night but I knew I didn't have all the right ingredients so I improvised this one a bit. It came out moist and I was really pleased! I didn't have enough wheat flour so I used some chickpea flour, but you can also just use regular flour for the whole thing and omit the xanthan gum. I also use So Delicious coconut milk (50 calories per cup, 5g fat) in a lot of my recipes because I don't drink cow's milk anymore, but I'm sure using regular or 2% milk would be fine. Some of the ingredients were not added in the nutrition facts, so here are the facts per serving: Calories: 154, Fat: 1.7, Sat Fat .5, Carbs 27.7, Sodium 410, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 1.7, Protein 8.1.
- 2 egg whites (If you use liquid egg whites, I used 90 grams)
- 177.44 ml light coconut milk
- 236.59 ml Greek yogurt, plain nonfat
- 9.85 ml white vinegar
- 118.29 ml unbleached flour
- 118.29 ml chickpea flour (besan flour)
- 1.23 ml xanthan gum
- 177.44 ml cornmeal
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 28 g stevia, blend (I used 8 packets of Truvia brand)
- 3.69 ml salt
- 236.59 ml frozen corn, thawed
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray an 8 or 10" square baking dish with Pam, then preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl except the corn.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stir just until moist and then add the corn.
- Pour immediately into the baking pan and bake 30-35 minutes.