My mom makes a delicious double cornbread, and I wanted to make some last night but I knew I didn't have all the right ingredients so I improvised this one a bit. It came out moist and I was really pleased! I didn't have enough wheat flour so I used some chickpea flour, but you can also just use regular flour for the whole thing and omit the xanthan gum. I also use So Delicious coconut milk (50 calories per cup, 5g fat) in a lot of my recipes because I don't drink cow's milk anymore, but I'm sure using regular or 2% milk would be fine. Some of the ingredients were not added in the nutrition facts, so here are the facts per serving: Calories: 154, Fat: 1.7, Sat Fat .5, Carbs 27.7, Sodium 410, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 1.7, Protein 8.1.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 egg whites (If you use liquid egg whites, I used 90 grams)
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain nonfat
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (besan flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 28 g stevia, blend (I used 8 packets of Truvia brand)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- Pam cooking spray
- 1Spray an 8 or 10" square baking dish with Pam, then preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 3Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl except the corn.
- 4Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stir just until moist and then add the corn.
- 5Pour immediately into the baking pan and bake 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Double Cornbread With Stevia & Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.9
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 398.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk