Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Don't deprive yourself. You can easily fit this treat into a low fat, calorie controlled diet! It has a rich taste with only 2.4gm fat per serve. I found that I could just taste the prunes but that they gave the muffin a bit of complexity. Best eaten same day, as the top may become a bit sticky when stored. (I kept them and zapped in microwave for 10secs to refresh. mmm) from Aust. Women's Weekly Simply Lite Food.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C (356 deg F). Line muffin trays (12 x 1/3cup) with paper cases, or coat with cooking oil spray.
- Place prunes and water into a small blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add sugar and blend until smooth.
- Add milk, eggs and egg white and whizz until just combined. Be careful not to over process. Pour mixture into a bowl.
- Sift flour & cocoa together then fold into mixture, until just combined. Fold in the Choc Bits. Again, be careful to not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tray(s) and bake for about 20 minutes, or until they are firm the the touch. Turn on a wire rack to cool.