Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A different and low-fat way to serve chicken. Good flavor.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 ounce chicken bouillon (2 packets)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- paprika, to sprinkle
- Arrange chicken pieces in 3 quart casserole.
- Mix flour, bouillon powder, dill weed, first amount of paprika and pepper in saucepan.
- Stir in about 1/2 of the milk until smooth.
- Stir in remaining milk and yogurt.
- Heat and stir until it boils and thickens.
- Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook, uncovered, in 350 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours until tender.
This was so easy, and so good. The creamy gravy was positively addictive! I wouldn't change a thing.
We had this for supper tonight and couldn't be more pleased with the results. I did add some margarine when making the sauce, as we weren't too concerned about the recipe being low fat. I served the sauce over baked potatoes. It made enough sauce that it could have been served with pasta. Thanks for a great supper!
Very good. Doesn't taste low fat at all. I didn't have any skim milk or yogurt, so I used buttermilk and water. It was still good, so I bet it will be awesome when done as the recipe states. I actually cooked in advance and froze over rice and it reheated well. Thanks!