Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chicken with a creamy, somewhat spicy sauce
Make and share this Low Fat Deviled Chicken Saute recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut crosswise into 1-inch wide strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In medium saucepan, bring 2 1/4 cups of water to a boil. Add the rice and 1/4 teaspoon of the sault, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the rice is tender, about 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a sheet of waxed paper, combine the flour, thyme, black pepper, cayenne, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off and reserving the excess. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat. Cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and 1/3 cup of the broth to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until the bell pepper is crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the reserved flour mixture. Gradually add the remaining 1/3 cup of broth, the milk, and the mustard and cook about 3 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook just until warmed through, about 1 minute. Transfer the rice to 4 bowls, spoonthe chicken mixter alongside and serve.