Recipe by Manuela
Low fat variation of a all time HIT. Still delicious but healthier.
Top Review by Bread N Butter
My husband and I both loved this recipe for Bread Pudding! I used dark brown sugar in place of white sugar and it was delicious served warm with Cool-whip Free...and only 3 points value for those on WW- (I cut it into 9 servings instead of 8, otherwise point value is 4). Thanks!
- 6 slices day-old bread (better if low in fat)
- 1 tablespoon oil (can use butter or margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 8 egg whites
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (or sweetner)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Drizzle melted oil over bread.
- If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg whites, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla Beat until slighty foamy.
- Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.