Recipe by ckmclements
Another one from my mom. Incredibly good, incredibly easy, reheats well...what more can you ask for? I'm not fond of chunky tomato sauce, so I just get plain and spice it up with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
Top Review by UW4Life
I made it with ground turkey and added some mushrooms. I used dried oregano, garlic powder, and pepper to season it. It turned out great. I used more sauce than the recipe called for, and it was a little soupy. So I'll use less next time. Definitely easy to make.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) canchunky Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) canrefrigerated pizza dough
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese, divided (It's much easier to just buy them this way at the store than try to get even slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook meat until brown and done. Drain, if necessary. Return to skillet.
- Add tomato sauce and cook until heated.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray into a 13x9x2 baking dish. Unroll pizza dough and press onto bottom and halfway up the sides of the dish.
- Line bottom of crust with 3 slices mozzarella. Top with meat mixture.
- Bake UNCOVERED for 12 minutes.
- Top with remaining 3 slices and bake 5 more minutes or until crust is brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then serve!