Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one from my mom. Incredibly good, incredibly easy, reheats well...what more can you ask for? I'm not fond of chunky tomato sauce, so I just get plain and spice it up with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook meat until brown and done. Drain, if necessary. Return to skillet.
- Add tomato sauce and cook until heated.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray into a 13x9x2 baking dish. Unroll pizza dough and press onto bottom and halfway up the sides of the dish.
- Line bottom of crust with 3 slices mozzarella. Top with meat mixture.
- Bake UNCOVERED for 12 minutes.
- Top with remaining 3 slices and bake 5 more minutes or until crust is brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then serve!
I made it with ground turkey and added some mushrooms. I used dried oregano, garlic powder, and pepper to season it. It turned out great. I used more sauce than the recipe called for, and it was a little soupy. So I'll use less next time. Definitely easy to make.