1 hr 20 mins
Twinkle #3's Note:
A low fat curry recipe for using any meat - Chicken, Beef, Lamb or Pork
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced (7oz)
- 1 large onion, chopped onto medium chunks
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and sliced (any colour)
- 450 g diced meat, of your choice (1lb)
- 2 instant oxo chicken stock cubes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon spices
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2-3/4 pint hot water, from the kettle (NOT Boiling)
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- low-fat cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1Mix all the spices together before you start to cook.
- 2Spray a wok/large saucepan with low fat spray.
- 3Fry onions until soft.
- 4Add meat and garlic and fry until meat is almost cooked stirring occasionally.
- 5Add mushrooms and 1 tsp of the spices and stir well.
- 6Cook for about 5 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- 7Add Worcestershire sauce.
- 8Sprinkle oxo’s all over and add the water, tomatoes, peppers and 2 tsps of the spices and stir well.
- 9Cook for 5 minutes.
- 10Add tomato puree, mango chutney and the remaining spices.
- 11Stir well. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Curry
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.8
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 886.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder