Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A low fat curry recipe for using any meat - Chicken, Beef, Lamb or Pork
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced (7oz)
- 1 large onion, chopped onto medium chunks
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and sliced (any colour)
- 450 g diced meat, of your choice (1lb)
- 2 instant oxo chicken stock cubes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon spices
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 pint hot water, from the kettle (NOT Boiling)
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- low-fat cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- Mix all the spices together before you start to cook.
- Spray a wok/large saucepan with low fat spray.
- Fry onions until soft.
- Add meat and garlic and fry until meat is almost cooked stirring occasionally.
- Add mushrooms and 1 tsp of the spices and stir well.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle oxo’s all over and add the water, tomatoes, peppers and 2 tsps of the spices and stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, mango chutney and the remaining spices.
- Stir well. Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes stirring occasionally.