1/2 Photos of Low Fat Curried Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Pizza (Vegetarian
Inspired by the internet, TRUE! Added my bit of dash to it too! This is YUMMY as can be! Even if it IS my recipe :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup low-fat cheese
- 1 (12 inch) thin pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup red lentil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons stock
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 small eggplant
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 16 ounces tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1PREHEAT oven 180 degrees C (350F).
- 2In saucepan, combine water and red lentils; boil then simmer about 20 minutes until soft.
- 3PEEL and dice eggplant and sweet potato in small pieces; finely dice red onion.
- 4HEAT stock in pan and saute onions and garlic for about 5 minutes; Stir in eggplant and sweet potato.
- 5ADD canned tomatoes, parsley, chilli, curry powder, cumin and pepper; simmer until sweet potato is soft --- about 20 - 25 minutes.
- 6Cover flat pan with al foil. Spread lentils on base of pizza crust, top with sweet potato mixture and top with cheese.
- 7BAKE for 15 minutes or until edges of pizza base browned.
- 8NOTE: curry powder amount can be adjusted to your tastes; I used HOT and chilli can also be adjusted.
- 9Make sure to taste your mixture so that you like it before putting on pizza base.
- 10NOTE: I used garlic and ginger in glass jars for ease.
- 11NOTE: Can vary cheese to your liking ie Mexican but remember re fat content/calories.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Curried Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Pizza (Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.4
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 134.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
thin pizza crust