Inspired by the internet, TRUE! Added my bit of dash to it too! This is YUMMY as can be! Even if it IS my recipe :)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cheese
- 1 (12 inch) thin pizza crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup red lentil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons stock
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄2 small eggplant
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 16 ounces tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- PREHEAT oven 180 degrees C (350F).
- In saucepan, combine water and red lentils; boil then simmer about 20 minutes until soft.
- PEEL and dice eggplant and sweet potato in small pieces; finely dice red onion.
- HEAT stock in pan and saute onions and garlic for about 5 minutes; Stir in eggplant and sweet potato.
- ADD canned tomatoes, parsley, chilli, curry powder, cumin and pepper; simmer until sweet potato is soft --- about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Cover flat pan with al foil. Spread lentils on base of pizza crust, top with sweet potato mixture and top with cheese.
- BAKE for 15 minutes or until edges of pizza base browned.
- NOTE: curry powder amount can be adjusted to your tastes; I used HOT and chilli can also be adjusted.
- Make sure to taste your mixture so that you like it before putting on pizza base.
- NOTE: I used garlic and ginger in glass jars for ease.
- NOTE: Can vary cheese to your liking ie Mexican but remember re fat content/calories.
Very creative creation, basically like a curry on a pizza! Though I would have loved it, I cut back on the spices (and skipped the eggplant) for DH, which made it a winner for him too. I used goat cheese, half the tomatoes/more parsley (fresh/raw at the end), and tortillas for the crust to make it quicker, and baked them at 450 F for 8 minutes. It made 3 tortillas worth (though probably would have been 4 if I hadn't cut back on the topping amounts) and each one was plenty to feed one person. I have a feeling there would be enough filling for at least two 12 inch pizza crusts.
This is wonderful pizza! So full of flavor. I used a yeast-raised naan recipe for the crust and used spinach instead of eggplant. We loved it - thanks for sharing!
I really enjoyed this pizza. Thanks for posting it! I cheated by cooking my sweet potatoes for 3 minutes in the microwave first and then dicing--cut down on the simmer time. If that's possible to do with the eggplant too then I'd do it. Left out the parsley since I don't think it adds to much (not a fan of it) and forgot the ginger. I like the pita idea just because my ready-made pizza crust made the whole dish SO filling. I was stuffed after 2 slices! Thanks again!