Inspired by the internet, TRUE! Added my bit of dash to it too! This is YUMMY as can be! Even if it IS my recipe :)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cheese
- 1 (12 inch) thin pizza crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup red lentil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons stock
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1⁄2 small eggplant
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 16 ounces tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- PREHEAT oven 180 degrees C (350F).
- In saucepan, combine water and red lentils; boil then simmer about 20 minutes until soft.
- PEEL and dice eggplant and sweet potato in small pieces; finely dice red onion.
- HEAT stock in pan and saute onions and garlic for about 5 minutes; Stir in eggplant and sweet potato.
- ADD canned tomatoes, parsley, chilli, curry powder, cumin and pepper; simmer until sweet potato is soft --- about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Cover flat pan with al foil. Spread lentils on base of pizza crust, top with sweet potato mixture and top with cheese.
- BAKE for 15 minutes or until edges of pizza base browned.
- NOTE: curry powder amount can be adjusted to your tastes; I used HOT and chilli can also be adjusted.
- Make sure to taste your mixture so that you like it before putting on pizza base.
- NOTE: I used garlic and ginger in glass jars for ease.
- NOTE: Can vary cheese to your liking ie Mexican but remember re fat content/calories.