Low Fat Curried Lentil Soup
- Curry paste is made using vegetable oil but it has loads more flavour and none of the harshness of curry powder, so I do think it's worth sacrificing a few calories for.
- If you choose to substitute powder for paste, please do fry it in a little oil for a few minutes to take away the rawness of the spices.
- Place the curry paste, onion, garlic, ginger and cumin seeds in a large pan and cook gently together for three minutes.
- Add the lentils and stock, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Add the sultanas and cook for a further 10 minutes. Add the lime rind and juice and season to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with a large spoonful of yoghurt and a sprinkling of mint.