1/1 Photo of Low Fat Curried Butternut Squash and Carrot soup
g kaps's Note:
Low fat, delicious and nutritious pressure cooker soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole butternut squash
- 3 medium carrots
- 1/4 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 packet Goya sazon tropical
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth (I use Annie Chun's Ginger Chicken broth)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 15 fat-free original Pringles (gives a bit of fatlike mouth feel due to Olestra content) (optional)
- 1Remove seeds from squash, peel if desired.
- 2Cut into uniform size chuncks.
- 3Place all ingredients except half& half in pressure cooker.
- 4Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- 5Allow pressure to dissipate.
- 6When it is safe to open the cooker, do so.
- 7You may remove the skin from the squash at this time if you wish, though I did not bother.
- 8Use an immersion blender to puree the soup.
- 9Add the half& half, and puree some more.
- 10This is a very think soup, add more chicken broth or water to thin if desired.
- 11Add S& P and add'l curry powder to taste.
- 12This recipe contains Olestra (from the pringles) which causes dietary upset in some individuals.
- 13Leave them out if this is a problem.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Curried Butternut Squash and Carrot soup
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 278.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Goya sazon tropical