Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is from a 1995 book called "The Best Low-Fat, No-Sugar Bread Machine Cookbook Ever" by Madge Rosenberg. Using non fat milk powder, and mince prunes instead of sugar this bread per 1 ounce serving is 71 calories, .3 gm fat, .1 mg Cholesterol, 4% Calories from Fat. This receipe is for a 1 1/2 pound loaf. Cooking time depends on your bread machine.
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons minced prunes (*)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- Add all ingredients in the order suggested by your bread machine manual and process on the basic bread cycle according to the manufacturers directions.
- *If the prunes are hard, pour boiling water over them to soften, then drain well.
This bread was very crust and very delicous as well!!!! My family and I all enjoyed it and I got all the credit for it! Although, just between us, its not that hard to make bread in a breadmachine!!!! Thanks for the recipe jackandfiona!