Prep 18 mins
Cook 35 mins
This makes a very nice lunch with tomato slices. It's tasty nutrition with very little fat.
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced medium
- 10 ounces chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 8 egg whites (1 cup egg whites)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in 2 -3 tbsp of water until almost tender.
- Add spinach and cook until all moisture is evaporated (about 4 minutes).
- Add bread crumbs, stir and place into a quiche pan which has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium mixing bowl and pour over vegetables in quiche pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until firm in center.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Excellent recipe! Threw it together and into the oven in 15 minutes, then took the dog for a walk while it baked (how convenient!). I added a box of thawed, drained spinach, and next time I'll decrease the milk by half a cup since my finished product turned out a little soggy. But overall, a great recipe!
We loved this recipe. I made up for missing milk with sour cream, doubled the spinach, and used about a cup of Parmesan. Traded Bruno g bSwush hot sauce for Italian seasoning. Delicious!!
Honestly, by far the best quiche ever. I did substitute a harvest/ herbs de provence blend instead of italian spices and about 1/3 of my spinach was fresh. So so yummy!!