1/1 Photo of Low Fat Crumbs Cake (Kosher-Dairy)
Smadar's Sane Way Cc's Note:
As rich as the traditional crumb cakes, but healthier and really low fat! Very easy to make and goes great with the afternoon coffe. I use 22" round backing pan. For larger baking pans double the indridients. You can make this cake an interesting two colored cake by using white sugar instead of brown sugar, and adding the cinnamon only to the topping 1/2 cup of crumbs mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 360°F.
- 2In a bowl, mix: flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt & butter until all is crumbled.
- 3Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- 4Add to the bowl: baking powder, baking soda, buttermilk, vanilla extract & egg - use hand mixer on medium speed until batter is smooth. (Batter is more thick than thin -- ).
- 5Spray baking pan with cooking spray and pour batter into pan.
- 6Evenly spread the 1/2 cup crumbs mixture on top.
- 7Bake for about 30 minutes, until cake in ready and bouncy to touch, or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Crumbs Cake (Kosher-Dairy)
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.9
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 155.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g