Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
As rich as the traditional crumb cakes, but healthier and really low fat! Very easy to make and goes great with the afternoon coffe. I use 22" round backing pan. For larger baking pans double the indridients. You can make this cake an interesting two colored cake by using white sugar instead of brown sugar, and adding the cinnamon only to the topping 1/2 cup of crumbs mixture.
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- In a bowl, mix: flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt & butter until all is crumbled.
- Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- Add to the bowl: baking powder, baking soda, buttermilk, vanilla extract & egg - use hand mixer on medium speed until batter is smooth. (Batter is more thick than thin -- ).
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray and pour batter into pan.
- Evenly spread the 1/2 cup crumbs mixture on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until cake in ready and bouncy to touch, or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.