Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a variation of Lucy K's Crock Pot Potato Soup. I use recipe 18157 Healthy Substitute for Cream of Chicken Soup.
- 5 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup cream of chicken soup mix (Recipe 18157)
- 3 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock base
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Add sour cream, soup mix, water, soup base and milk to a blender and mix well.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Add potatoes, onion and bacon bits.
- Cook on high 4 to 5 hours or on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Before serving, ladle about half of the potatoes and some of the broth into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour back into the crock pot. This will make the soup much thicker.
- Add cheese if you wish.