Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Creamy and zippy chicken with black beans. So easy to make too!
Make and share this Low Fat Crock Pot Mexican Cheesy Chicken With Black Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 4 ounces nonfat sour cream
- Place all ingredients except cream cheese and sour cream in crock pot.
- Cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Last 45 minutes add sour cream and cream cheese.
This is a great and versatile recipe. I have made it numerous times now, and it is always tasty. I have even used boneless pork chops (its what I had in the freezer) and it still came out awesome. I cook it on low for 8 hours, and when it is done, it falls apart. Try using it to put in enchiladas. To die for. I even have a friend who is a superb Mexican cook, and she tells me she loves the enchiladas I make with this recipe. All in all, this is a yummy yummy recipe.
It turned out perfect! Will absolutely use this one again!
To my surprise, this was not a hit around here. DH claimed it was very bland and I thought it was just alright. The only one that scarfed it was my 16 month DD but she'll eat anything served over brown rice. As is, I most likely won't make it again but in my opinion, with alot more spices tossed in it has potential. The only thing I changed was I used cooked dried black beans (not canned) and used a vegetarian chicken substitute (Quorn) cut up in chunks.