Recipe by Audrey M
A true comfort food from your crock pot. Only 6 WW points.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
This was a lovely dish. I used turkey bacon, and Minnesota wild rice. I was skeptical for lack of more seasonings, but the dish was flavorful and delicious. I used Recipe #18157 for the cream of chicken soup. I found that I had to add more broth during cooking because it was getting to dry. We had this with grilled cheese sandwiches and green vegetables on the side.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- Cook bacon in 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Once bacon is browned, add onion, carrot and celery.
- Cook an additional minutes; drain off excess fat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine one can chicken broth and soup; blend with a metal whisk.
- Once blended, add additional can of chicken broth and spices.
- Pour sauce into crock pot.
- Add rice and turkey; blend well.
- Cook on High for 30 minutes and then reduce heat to Low.
- Cook for 6 to 7 hours or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.