Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A delicious healthy meal that is so easy to make. This is a combination of several great recipes that I have tried. The cooking aroma is very enticing.
- 354.88 ml vegetable broth
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (907.18 g) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (907.18 g) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 354.88 ml frozen corn
- 354.88 ml frozen okra
- 283.49 g can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 411.06 g can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 2 (822.13 g) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 473.18 ml celery, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 42.52 g envelope taco seasoning mix (no MSG, reduced salt)
- Stir the envelope of taco seasoning mix with vegetable broth in a 6 quart crock-pot.
- Remove fat from chicken breast and add to crock-pot.
- Cook on low about four hours and shred chicken using two forks.
- Add all other ingredients to crock-pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Garnish with chopped green onions, fat free sour cream, or Melissa’s Soy Shreds cheddar.
I love this recipe. It makes about 15 cups and is too much for my 5 qt crockpot. I have also made this on the stove with great success. Sometimes I add a bit more broth. Thanks for sharing.
More of a stew than a soup. Great flavor. Almost didn't fit in my large crock pot.