Recipe by Goodheart
A colorful delicious healthy meal that is so easy to make. This is a combination of several great recipes that I have tried. Freeze in 5 cup freezer containers for future easy meals for two. Warning: A large Crock Pot is needed.
Top Review by GibbyLou
I love this recipe. It makes about 15 cups and is too much for my 5 qt crockpot. I have also made this on the stove with great success. Sometimes I add a bit more broth. Thanks for sharing.
- 907.18 g chicken broth
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (850.48 g) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (850.48 g) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 354.88 ml frozen corn
- 354.88 ml frozen okra
- 283.49 g can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 4 (1644.27 g) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 6 large celery ribs, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 42.52 g envelope taco seasoning mix (no MSG, reduced salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the envelope of taco seasoning mix with broth in a large 6 quart crock-pot.
- Remove fat from chicken breast and add to crock-pot.
- Cook on high about two hours and shred chicken using two forks.
- Add all other ingredients to crock-pot. Stir.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Serve over whole grain brown rice (not parboiled).