Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very light, tasty and delicious chicken stroganoff made in the crockpot. If your crockpot cooks hot like mine, this only needs to cook on low for 4 hours. If you have one of the older models...follow the stated directions. My family LOVES this! This is best served over egg noodles. If adding mushrooms, whole fresh mushrooms work best. If you use sliced mushrooms...they get too mushy. So add them in the last hour if using sliced.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, frozen
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, 98% fat free undiluted
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, whole
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Place frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer onion, minced garlic and mushrooms on top.
- Mix soup, sour cream, onion soup, mix, crushed red pepper, garlic powder and worcestershire together and pour over chicken breasts.
- Cook on Low for about 7-8 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Stir sauce before cooking and if you would like to thicken sauce, add flour or cornstarch.
- Serve over rice or noodles.