Recipe by RedVinoGirl
This is a very light, tasty and delicious chicken stroganoff made in the crockpot. If your crockpot cooks hot like mine, this only needs to cook on low for 4 hours. If you have one of the older models...follow the stated directions. My family LOVES this! This is best served over egg noodles. If adding mushrooms, whole fresh mushrooms work best. If you use sliced mushrooms...they get too mushy. So add them in the last hour if using sliced.
Top Review by anchor girl
I'm scarfing this down as I write this review, the bowl is almost empty and I want to go get more even though I probably shouldn't. This is too delicious to be lowfat. I used fresh chicken breasts and just mixed everything together in the crockpot. I probably used 8 cloves of garlic and one tablespoon of pepper flakes. I love it zingy. Instead of boiling my no yolk noodles separately I just threw them in the pot to simmer the last hour. This is so terrific. I'll definitely make it again and pass it on to friends. Thank you ChicagoRN!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, frozen
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, 98% fat free undiluted
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, whole
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer onion, minced garlic and mushrooms on top.
- Mix soup, sour cream, onion soup, mix, crushed red pepper, garlic powder and worcestershire together and pour over chicken breasts.
- Cook on Low for about 7-8 hours, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Stir sauce before cooking and if you would like to thicken sauce, add flour or cornstarch.
- Serve over rice or noodles.