Recipe by Goodheart
An awesome healthy meal with colors and textures. The peas really do blend very well. I freeze the soup without noodles in 3 cup freezer containers. When added to 2 cups of fresh cooked noodles, it serves two.
- 64 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 8 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 16 ounces frozen peas, unbuttered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (remove any fat)
- 18 ounces no yolk noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 32 ounces of broth and the chicken to a 6 quart crock pot,
- Cook on high about 2 hours or until chicken easily shreds.
- Shred chicken using two forks.
- Add additional broth, onion, celery, carrots,garlic, and spices except parsley.
- Cook on high about 2 hours or low 4 hours.
- Add peas and parsley. Stir.
- Add black pepper to preferred taste.
- Serve over 1 cup of cooked noodles per serving.