Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a super moist carrot cake, that you can put in to the crock pot while you enjoy dinner. It is also a great cake to whip up and bring to a potluck, or just to have for a snack. Plus its low fat!
- Preheat crock pot to high.
- Spray with non fat cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl with mixer on medium speed beat the egg whites, sour cream, apple sauce, cinnamon and cake mix together for two minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- With spatula stir into batter the walnuts and carrots until well mixed.
- Pour the prepared batter into the crock pot.
- Place a paper towel on top of the crock pot, and place lid on the paper towel.
- Cook on high for 1 1/2-1 3/4 hr or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the crock from the crock pot. Remove lid and paper towel, and let it cool for 10-15 minute.
- Run a knife around the outside edge of cake to loosen.
- Place a large serving plate upside down on the top of the crock pot. Holding the slow cooker and the plate firmly together, carefully flip the cake upside down. It will be steamy hot so be careful!
- Serve hot or chilled with vanilla ice cream!