Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
Don't let the low fat fool you! This tastes like the higher fat versions and is a huge hit at dinner parties. You'll get ohhh and ahh's. This is one of my secret weapons, as I am trying to eat healthy. Nobody is the wiser unless I tell them!
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder (powder)
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar (for the tops)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix 1/2 cup nonfat milk with the dry milk. Whisk in remaining milk, egg, sugar, and vanilla. Blend Well.
- Strain into a large bowl, skimming off any foam or bubbles.
- Divide mixture among 6 ramekins or custard cups. Place in a water bath and bake until set around edges, but still loose in the center, about 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and leave in water bath until cooled.
- Remove cups from water bath and chill for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of sugar over each custard.
- For best results, use a small, hand held torch to melt sugar.
- If you do not have a torch, place under boiler until sugar melts.
- Re chill custards for a few minutes before serving.
- Serves 6.