Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very tasty potato soup that is also low in fat. Easy to make
- 2 large potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch with peel
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 14 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 (10 ounce) box creamed corn, frozen
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup green onion top
- In a separate pan cover 3 diced and peeled potatoes with water and simmer until tender. Drain water and mix until cooked potatoes are a thick liquid.
- In a large pot, add vegetable broth, potato diced with peel, onion, carrots, and celery, stir and cook until soft.
- Cook the creamed corn per directions.
- Add liquefied potatoes, cooked cream corn, evaporated milk, bay leaf, and paprika, stir and cook until very tender.
- Add green onions, stir.
- Sprinkle with Melissa’s Soy Cheddar before serving, if desired.
I'm glad I found this recipe. It's very tasty. Hubby loved it and it's lowfat. I used chicken broth because I didn't have veggie broth. Try it, you'll love it.