Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious dish. Mmmm.. nice and creamy. It's easy to make. You don't have to bother with milk or cornstarch like some other recipes.
- Cut cauliflower into florets of even size.
- Drop into boiling salted water and cook for about 15 minutes or until very soft when pierced with fork.
- Drain well.
- Put cream cheese in food processor (or blender).
- Add cooked cauliflower and garlic and blend until creamy.
- Add parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into 1 quart greased casserole dish. Top with a light sprinkle of paprika and bake in 350° oven for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
These were fabulous. My husband hates vegetables and thought they were mashed potatoes until he tasted them. He really liked them. I didn't even use the cream cheese because I'm on Weight Watchers. Great for kids. They will really like them.
Way too creamy for me in the food processor. Next time I will only mash it roughly. I also over did the white pepper (which I am not letting affect my rating). Other than that it's a nice substitute for mashed potatoes.
This is perfect for low carbers (which we're doing right now). I've made this quite a few times and was going to post it but you already did so thank you for doing that! I didn't have any garlic but otherwise followed it exactly. Wonderful!