Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
That's lip-lickin'-mighty-mouse good.
Make and share this Low-Fat Creamy Macaroni & Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces reduced-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon light margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon cheese-flavored granule
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Coat a two-quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain macaroni, reserving two tablespoons cooking water.
- Toss macaroni with reserved cooking water, cheeses, sour cream, milk, onions, egg white, margarine, cheese-flavored granules, mustard and peppers until well combined.
- Spoon into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and paprika.
- Bake casserole at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until golden brown an d bubbly, about five minutes.