Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had to bring a creamy salad to my exercise class party that was low fat, and this is what I managed to come up with. It came out great, if I do say so myself!
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a blender or food processor, process all ingredients except sour cream until completely mixed.
- Add sour cream and process just until mixed.
Very good. I did add a little milk because it's quite thick. I've also spread it on sandwiches.
This really hit the spot for me. I am ashamed to admit how many bags of salad have rotted in my fridge becuase I dread the thought of packaged lo-fat dressing. I really enjoyed this. I tried messing around with it but prefer the original recipe.
This was delicious! My only suggestions are to use just one garlic clove (I love garlic, but 2 cloves made it way too garlicky for me), and to add one packet of good seasons italian dressing mix...I did this and it turned out so wonderful! I also made it with plain yogurt rather than sour cream. For those of you who do weight watchers, this turns out to be just 1 point for 4 TBS...wow!