Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 cups water, hot
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped, drained
- 8 ounces anaheim chilies, chopped and roasted
- 1 1⁄2 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese
- In a 3 quart casserole combine onion, celery, garlic and margarine and cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap.
- Microwave at High for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add flour; stir well.
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water.
- Gradually add bouillon, milk, chili powder and pepper to mixture and stir well.
- Microwave at High for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring every 3 minutes.
- Stir in chiles and microwave at High for 1 minute. Stir well before serving.
- To Serve: Ladle soup into individual serving bowl and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve immediately.
- Makes 6 (1-cup) servings Makes 4 servings.
May one should add chilie beans. I didn't try it yet but when I do I'll add the beans.
Sorry......but i don't see how this can qualify as high fiber. It only has 1.5 grams per serving.