Recipe by Nyteglori
You can use skim milk instead of powdered in this recipe. Just sub 3 cups of milk for powdered milk and 3 cups water.
Top Review by Vaeku
This was simple and delicious! As a pretty new cook I needed a relatively simple recipe and this was it. And it turned out great! I used skim milk instead of the water and powdered milk and it was good. Next time I might add some turkey or ham in it.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan add water, onions, carrots, celery and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat until water comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in corn, milk, and cheese and return soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.