You can use skim milk instead of powdered in this recipe. Just sub 3 cups of milk for powdered milk and 3 cups water.
- In large saucepan add water, onions, carrots, celery and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat until water comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in corn, milk, and cheese and return soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
This was simple and delicious! As a pretty new cook I needed a relatively simple recipe and this was it. And it turned out great! I used skim milk instead of the water and powdered milk and it was good. Next time I might add some turkey or ham in it.
This was very simple and very good. I did use 2% milk instead of the powdered milk and loved the white pepper in it. I even added a few sprinkles of red chili flakes for a little more of a kick. Thanks Nyteglori for a simple low-fat chowder that didn't taste low-fat.