Recipe by SaraFish
A yummy side dish that mimics all the high-fat potato casseroles out there. Creamy and cheesy and filling without all the fat grams and guilt! Try it - and please leave comments! I'd love to know what you think of my original recipe!
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 5)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed &,minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream, cottage cheese, about 1/2 the cheddar, garlic, salt, pepper& basil in large mixing bowl.
- Add potatoes and onions, mix well.
- Pour mixture in a 13 by 9 pan that you sprayed with Pam.
- Pat down with the back of your spatula.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- In a baggie, crush corn flakes and then add some salt, pepper and garlic powder and toss around a bit.
- Sprinkle corn flake mixture over top of cheese.
- Bake 375 for about an hour.