Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A yummy side dish that mimics all the high-fat potato casseroles out there. Creamy and cheesy and filling without all the fat grams and guilt! Try it - and please leave comments! I'd love to know what you think of my original recipe!
- Mix sour cream, cottage cheese, about 1/2 the cheddar, garlic, salt, pepper& basil in large mixing bowl.
- Add potatoes and onions, mix well.
- Pour mixture in a 13 by 9 pan that you sprayed with Pam.
- Pat down with the back of your spatula.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- In a baggie, crush corn flakes and then add some salt, pepper and garlic powder and toss around a bit.
- Sprinkle corn flake mixture over top of cheese.
- Bake 375 for about an hour.
This was terrific. I added some leftover ham to it and it made a meal my family truly enjoyed. Definitely a keeper - real comfort food.
We liked this. Possibly a little too much basil for my taste, but still very good. My 10 year old potato hater even ate this.
Realy liked this potato dish. I have one made with lte cream cheese that every one loves at BBQs Its mashed potato put in casserole with grated onion & 1 pkt lte cream cheese all mixed in. Fresh bread crumbs on top and baked for about 1/2 hour.