Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb fresh carrot, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb baking potato, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 grating fresh nutmeg
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a pot over moderate heat and sauté the onions until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potato, and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Carefully puree the soup in small batches in a food processor or electric blender.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with chopped parsley.
I liked this soup, my son loved it.This was my first time I have ever tried a carrot soup, so I will make it again.