Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving, but if possible try to make this a day ahead it will be even better! The ingredient amounts listed are only a guideline, adjust all amount to taste.
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, sliced (use red onion or green onions)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 cups cream-style low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise (can use more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use more!)
- seasoning salt (can use white salt)
- Toss the shredded cabbage and onion together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together cottage cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and garlic powder, then add to the cabbage/onion mixture; toss to combine then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving (overnight is even better!).
This is wonderful coleslaw and so simple. The cottage cheese is a delightful plus. Will make again for sure. Thanks!
This coleslaw is fantastic! The cottage cheese really adds something special to it. It's creamy and the dressing clings nicely. I did use the optional chopped fresh parsley. I even used lowfat cottage cheese (I know it says to use full fat) and it still turned out great. It does get better the longer it chills; I let mine chill for about 6 hours before serving. Thanx for a new and different coleslaw. This will be a regular for me!
I am a fan of cole slaw and I enjoyed this recipe. I refrigerated the slaw for about 3 hours. Thanks!