Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Plan ahead this needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving, but if possible try to make this a day ahead it will be even better! The ingredient amounts listed are only a guideline, adjust all amount to taste.
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, sliced (use red onion or green onions)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 cups cream-style low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise (can use more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use more!)
- seasoning salt (can use white salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the shredded cabbage and onion together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together cottage cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and garlic powder, then add to the cabbage/onion mixture; toss to combine then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving (overnight is even better!).