Top Review by Jese Lynn
This was a perfect way to end a cold and windy day! This is a great recipe and I didn't add or subtract anything (which is saying a lot in my house)! I have definitely added this to our "foods to make again" bowl of ideas! Thank you!!!
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into 1/2 to 1/4 chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 236.59 ml diced baby carrots
- 118.29 ml diced celery
- 473.18 ml cooked wild rice
- 1182.95 ml fat-free chicken broth (or less if you want it thicker)
- 236.59 ml fat-free half-and-half
- 44.37 ml flour
- 14.79 ml reduced fat margarine
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot, sauté chicken until cooked through. Remove to a bowl. Add wild rice to the bowl. Mix in the half and half, sherry, and flour. Set aside.
- In the same pot, melt butter. Cook onion until soft and translucent. Add carrots and celery, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until carrots and celery are softened to your liking.
- Stir in the wild rice and chicken mixture. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, until heated through.