1/2 Photos of Low-fat Cream of Asparagus Soup
I have absolutely no idea where this recipe came from. All I know it is GOOD! I usually make it with asparagus, although I've also used broccoli. My DH loves this soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take one asparagus spear, hold at both ends, and bend it until it breaks.
- 2Use the broken spear as a guide and cut the remaining spears to approximately the same length, discarding the large ends.
- 3Slice asparagus spears in 1 inch lengths.
- 4You should have about 2 cups of asparagus pieces.
- 5Cook the asparagus pieces in a small amount of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender.
- 6Drain well.
- 7While asparagus cooks, place (unmelted) butter, flour, and garlic into a blender container.
- 8Top with cooked asparagus, then add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- 9Pour into saucepan and heat gently until soup thickens.
- 10I like to use thinly sliced green onion tops, low-fat sour cream and a couple of croutons for a garnish.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-fat Cream of Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.1 mg
- Sodium 1338.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 14.5 g