Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but the combo of dried sweetened cranberries and chocolate chips sounds delicious! Please let me know what you think.
- 118.29 ml rolled oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml wheat germ, toasted
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml honey
- 158.51 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- 158.51 ml dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees farenheit.
- Spray an 8" square pan with cooking oil spray or coat sides and bottom of pan with canola oil.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, wheat germ, and cinnamon.
- Stir in honey until dry ingredients are well coated.
- Stir in dried cranberries and 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pat mixture into oiled pan.
- Top mixture with remaining 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until top is golden.
- Cool in pan, then cut into squares.
3 stars means "Good". They are a bit tough/gummy as many low fat desserts are. The large amount of chocolate chips saves the taste, in my opinion. And I used blueberry flavored craisins, which are delish!