Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve this up with some Jasmine rice and you have a wonderful meal.
- 6 flounder fillets
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat (King)
- 1 cup nonfat cheddar cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons liquid Butter Buds (dietetic butter substitute)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beater (1/4 cup)
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk or 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup cooking wine (such as sherry or vermouth)
- Mix together the butter buds and the flour till a paste is formed.
- Stir this mixture until it boils.
- Add the salt.
- Stir in the sherry (cooking wine), skim milk and egg beaters; and cook 1 minute.
- A few grains of cayenne can be added.
- Add the crab meat and cook till heated through (This should be thick).
- Place the flounder fillets in a pan and brush with butter buds to coat.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cook under the broiler 1 minute each side.
- Spoon the crab meat mixture onto each fillet.
- Top with grated cheese and return to broiler long enough to melt the cheese.
Really good! Think next time, I will roll up the crab/cheese inside the flounder and serve the sauce over it.