Party Note: Cooking light claims you can divide the crabmeat mixture into 16 small patties and use for appetizers. I’m not sure you’d get that many even doing bite sized ones but then they think this recipe serves four and I think it’s only two. The smaller versions should have about 35 calories apiece if you want to try them.
My Private Note
crab ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 whole canned water chestnuts (1/4 cup minced, if omiting add an extra 1/4 cup minced onion) (optional)
- 1/2 small onion (1/4 cup minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (1 tsp minced)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil or 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1/4-1 teaspoon pepper, depending on taste (the original recipe called for 1 tsp, I'm just a wimp)
- 1/2 teaspoon key west blend spices (optional, pick this or one of the two following to your taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon blackening seasoning (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1If the first three ingredients aren’t already minced, throw them in your food processor for a moment or mince them by hand.
- 2Combine all ingredients except the cooking spray in a medeum mixing bowl; stir well. Shape into 8 patties.
- 3Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add crabmeat patties, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides, turning once. Transfer to a serving platter.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Crab Cakes (Adapted from Cooking Light)
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 137.0 mg
- Sodium 869.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute