Recipe by Mirdreams
Party Note: Cooking light claims you can divide the crabmeat mixture into 16 small patties and use for appetizers. I’m not sure you’d get that many even doing bite sized ones but then they think this recipe serves four and I think it’s only two. The smaller versions should have about 35 calories apiece if you want to try them.
- 3 whole canned water chestnuts (1/4 cup minced, if omiting add an extra 1/4 cup minced onion) (optional)
- 1⁄2 small onion (1/4 cup minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (1 tsp minced)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dark sesame oil or 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon pepper, depending on taste (the original recipe called for 1 tsp, I'm just a wimp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon key west blend spices (optional, pick this or one of the two following to your taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon blackening seasoning (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- If the first three ingredients aren’t already minced, throw them in your food processor for a moment or mince them by hand.
- Combine all ingredients except the cooking spray in a medeum mixing bowl; stir well. Shape into 8 patties.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add crabmeat patties, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides, turning once. Transfer to a serving platter.