Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This recipe is from the Stove-Top people. They reduced the fat in this recipe by using extra-lean meat, and cooking the mushrooms in a non-stick skillet instead of using butter.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, extra lean
- 1 (6 ounce) packagestove-top stuffing mix for chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup kraft original barbecue sauce (or use your favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix meat, sstuffing mix, 1/2 cups water and onions until well-blended. Shape into 6 oval patties, 1/2-inch thick. Place on a 15" x 10" x1" baking pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until patties are done.
- Meanwhile spray large nonstick sillet with cooking spray. Add mushrooms, cook on medium-high heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add barbecue sauce and remaining water; simmer on low heat 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is heated through. Serve over meat patties.