Recipe by inekecook
This recipe has been creating out of frustration with enjoying good food and it often being too fatty
- 1⁄2 pint chicken stock
- 4 chicken breasts, braised in stock
- spray olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 4 tablespoons mango chutney or 4 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1⁄2 pint low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- optional canned fruit (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Braise the chicken breast in the stock, and allow to cool. Once cold set aside 1/4 pint of the stock to use for sauce later.
- Cut the chicken into bite size portions (dice).
- Spray the base of a frying pan with a little olive oil, to prevent sticking.
- Dry fry the onions, till soft, not browned.
- Stir in the curry powder according to taste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 pint of the stock, tomato puree, lemon juice & chutney/jam.
- Allow to cool and stir in the mayonnaise and cream.
- Dry fry the almonds and stir in at the end.
- wonderful served as part of a cold buffet or in sandwiches.
- If really want to go to town with this, add cashews nuts and small pieces of tinned fruit, like pineapple, peaches or mandarins.