1/1 Photo of Low-Fat Cornflake Chicken Tenders With Honey Mustard Sauce
This is a delicious "unfried" fried chicken recipe. Chicken tenders are dipped in cornflakes and baked in the oven. I recommend placing the cornflakes in a ziploc bag and using a rolling pin to crunch the cornflakes into very tiny pieces (to help coat the chicken better). Honey and mustard are used to give the chicken extra flavor without adding any extra fat. Be sure to watch these carefully because the cornflakes can burn easily in the oven. For an Italian twist try adding 1/2 teaspoon dried basil and oregano to the cornflake mixture. Or, add a pinch of chipotle chili powder for a Mexican twist. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2In a shallow dish combine egg, honey, and yellow mustard.
- 3In separate bowl stir together crushed cornflake crumbs and pepper.
- 4Dip chicken strips into egg mixture and then roll in the crumb mixture to coat the chicken.
- 5Arrange chicken strips on ungreased baking sheet.
- 6Bake about 12 minutes until outside are golden and chicken is no longer pink.
- 7For honey mustard sauce, just stir the dijon mustard and 1 tsp honey together.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Cornflake Chicken Tenders With Honey Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 145.7 mg
- Sodium 419.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 33.6 g