This is a reduced-fat adaptation of a recipe that I originally found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/golden-sweet-cornbread/ This recipe comes out on the sweet end. You can reduce the sugar for a more savory cornbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combined the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- 3Stir in the egg whites, milk, applesauce, and canned corn.
- 4Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.3
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 326.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g