Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a reduced-fat adaptation of a recipe that I originally found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/golden-sweet-cornbread/ This recipe comes out on the sweet end. You can reduce the sugar for a more savory cornbread.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 10 ounces canned corn
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combined the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in the egg whites, milk, applesauce, and canned corn.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.